Diversity Issues in Higher Education Conference
Each year the American Conference on Diversity partners with an institution of higher education to bring together educators, students, business leaders, and community members to discuss issues central to educating and empowering leaders and emerging leaders in higher education and the workplace.
The 2018 Conference will be hosted by Stockton University on Friday, November 16th from 9am to 3pm. This full-day conference features dynamic speakers and breakout sessions as well as addressing critical diversity challenges in academia, the community and in workplaces.
November 16, 2018 – Diversity & Inclusion: Life & Death Matters
Located at Stockton University
Previous Conference Themes
- 2000 – Holding Higher Education Accountable: Diversity in Real Life
- 2001 – Human Relations Skills in the Workplace
- 2003 – Human Relations Skills in the Workplace
- 2004 – Diversity, Privilege and Empowerment: Tools to Make a Difference
- 2005 – Campus Diversity: Past, Present and Beyond – a 5 year overview
- 2007 – Educating for Inclusive Leadership: Developing the Next Generation of Leaders for Change.
- 2008 – Celebrating Community with a Purpose: From the Environmental to the Interpersonal
- 2009 – Diversity Initiatives: Facing the Challenges of Tough Times Diversity Issues in Higher Education Planning Guide
- 2010 – Celebrating a Decade of Inclusion: Transition Troops to College and the Workplace
- 2011 – A Dream Deferred? Black and Latino Males in College and the Workplace
- 2012 – Who Has the Access C.O.D.E.: Positioning a Generation for the Best Careers, Opportunities, and Diversity through Education
- 2013 – Bridging the Digital Divide: Equity, Education, and Technology in the Global Marketplace
- 2014 – The Changing Face of Diversity: Poverty, Education, Immigration, and Race
- 2015 – Moving Beyond Words
- 2016 – The Charge to Lead Diversity & Inclusion in a Climate of Globalization
- 2017 – Making Meaning of Today’s Cultural Climate