Donate to American Conference on Diversity
IN NEW JERSEY . . .
- There are now 51 hate groups in all areas of the state and this number continues to grow (Southern Poverty Law Center)
- “KKK” found written in chalk on Burlington County home of an African American family – March 2013
- Rutgers University basketball coach caught on video taunting players with anti-gay slurs - April 2013
- High school student receives text messages warning him to drop out of race for student council president”because he is Black” - May 2013
WHAT CAN YOU DO?
“I have the power to change the world. I have a duty because of it.
What is the world if those who can, don’t?”
- Ryan McCluskey (Lead For Diversity 2012 )
With your support, we can continue to deliver the many youth leadership development programs and community diversity educational forums related to healthcare disparities, workplace harassment, bullying, and cultural competency that we offer throughout the year. Our youth leadership program initiatives are experiencing an especially critical need due to school district’s severe budget constraints.
Lead for Diversity is our signature peer leadership education program, empowering high school students to become change agents in their schools and communities on issues of diversity and prejudice reduction. Each year schools in many of our under-served communities are denied the opportunity to participate in this program because of their district’s limited resources. These are also many of the same areas that are impacted the most by social and economic disparities. Your gift can be designated to support Lead for Diversity.
Did you know that you might be able to double your gift at no extra cost through your (or your spouse’s) employer’s matching-gifts program? Please check with your company to see if they have a MATCHING GIFTS program!
Another way you can donate! Text to Give
Thank you to our 2013 Partners in Education